Sometimes I look around and think, "life is pretty stinkin' fun." I had a glorious weekend, topped off with my first family Christmas of the season (my Dad's side of the family- always a highlight.) After a beautiful mountain bike ride around Grapevine Lake on Sunday, I got to sit and watch the sunset over the cliffs by the water. Does it get much better than that?
Here's a couple more reasons life is fun from the family Christmas:
1. I came out of the "Blanks family annual white elephant exchange" (which typically results in the most ridiculous junk ever) with a sweet laptop whose only crime was a faulty battery. (Understanding some of my extended family's very comfortable financial situation, I suppose this is unacceptable laptop behavior. Fortunate for me, indeed!)
2. My nieces and nephew are hilarious and constantly giggle. Throw in holiday foods with high sugar content and the prospect of gifts and it's almost heaven for them.
3. There was a peacock watching us open gifts through the second story window. I'm not sure how to explain this one.
4. I spent time reading my grandmother's textbook for her high school homemaker's class from 1935. Girls, let me just tell you we would have all failed that class MISERABLY. No wonder her house was always so amazing and she seemed to be able to do ANYTHING. And if you ever need advice on how to properly store a hat, just let me know.
5. It doesn't matter how old we get, the grandkids will always sit at the "kid's table," which is cool because we can still throw food and escape scolding by the "adults."
I hope you are having a wonderful holiday season! Looking forward to seeing you girls from up north soon! Wee!!