Monday, July 07, 2008

Summer Daze...

Do you remember those summer days as a kid that seemed to drag on and on with lazy mornings and afternoons of swimming and lounging? I miss those days. Summers are nothing like that in the youth ministry world- quite the opposite, in fact. There is much to love about a youth ministry summer, but I sometimes daydream about what it would be like to have the gift of unscheduled time. I would start by swimming until I got all pruny. :)




Since my blogging is chronically sporatic, I'll give you some all-important life updates.




1. I am in my 26th week of pregnancy- ALREADY. Wow. That is 6 months according to "What to Expect When You're Expecting" and 7 months according to Babyzone.com. I am completely confused by the whole system anyway, so it's no surprise to me that there is no consensus on the month-thing. Maybe I'll just start counting down the actual days. We have 105 of them until Baby H's ETA.




2. Last week I accidentally kicked a dead rat covered in maggots with my bare toes. It was as gross as it sounds and I am forever scarred.




3. I leave in 5 days for one of my all-time favorite summer events: CAMP! I love it despite the vicious wasps and balmy east Texas weather.




4. I just got back from the Blanks Family's 2nd annual "Homecation." The motto for our event: "Less fuel. More fun." We played games, ate until we were stuffed, and laughed at our own dumb jokes for 3 whole days. Awesome.





This is my cutie group of 7th graders on our mission trip in June. They were so much fun.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Have fun at camp! I'm jealous...while yes, it's nice to be home for the summer, it's really easy to get into a habbit of doing nothing. I love camp and mission trips! That's going to be a blast.

The Brackeens said...

You're right...you haven't been too much of a blogger, but now that the bun is in the oven, you have important information to share! I am sooo excited for you guys! I doubt you will have much time to baby plan with the busy summer...I hope you've got the nursery in order. :)

Elisa said...

Hope you're having lots of fun at camp!